Tiebacks are anchors that are installed at horizontal or at an angle down from horizontal to resist tension loads from earth cuts for retaining walls, building site preparations, roadways, or bridge abutments. They have higher load capacity and are more widely spaced than soil screws. They can be used with soldier pile or sheet piling retaining systems to reduce the required soldier pile or sheeting penetration. They are typically terminated with adapters to threadbars and attached to whalers. Geotechnical Solutions has successfully installed tiebacks for permanent and temporary earth retention in residential or commercial applications. We can also post-tension tiebacks to limit deflection as the load is transferred from the wall to the anchor.
ADVANTAGES OF USING HELICAL SCREW PILES FOR YOUR TIEBACK PROJECT:
- Quick Installation (Greater production rates)
- Helical screw tiebacks can be loaded immediately (No waiting for grout to set like grouted tendon anchors)
- Clean (No spoils to remove)
- Light installing equipment causes minimal disturbance to jobsite and allows for installation in limited access areas
- End-bearing mode of support instead of side friction
- Predictable Results (With the installation torque to capacity ratio, results can be predicted in the field without expensive load tests)